I recently received the Sunshine Blog Award from author, Chrys Fey. Woo woo! You can visit her blog by clicking on the following link: http://writewithfey.blogspot.com I am truly honored, Chrys! Sending many thanks and positive vibes your way. I’ve never received a blogging award before so I am thrilled to be sharing this with everyone!
The Sunshine Blog Award is passed on by bloggers to other bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” There are a few rules that every blogger nominated for this award have to follow:
1. Acknowldege the nominating blogger with a link and post about your award.
2. Share 10 random facts by answering the questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
3. Pass on the Sunshine Blog Award to other bloggers (up to 10) of your choice and let them know you nominated them.
4. Post 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer on their blog.
Questions Chrys asked me:
1. When/Why did you create your blog? I created my blog so I could use my own experiences to help others. Whether they are struggling with addictions or trying to find their way in this world by realizing their potential and making their dreams come true, I wanted to contribute my part. My journey as a writer began as a small child and then was lost when my mind was persuaded and controlled by my recluse decisions. I reclaimed my talents and ambitions of being an author when I no longer was impacted by those entities.
2. What is the one blog post you feel is the best one you have ever posted? I actually have two favorite blog posts. The first one is the very first piece of writing I posted called, “Where Do I Begin?” This is where I found myself at the most vulnerable time in my life when my mother had received a life-saving liver transplant just seven months prior. It took me some time to let all of my emotions and days of self-reflecting settle within my writing. I knew I had to share my mother’s story in order to help save others from making such incredibly dark and desolate mistakes. My second favorite post is the one I most recently wrote, “Only If For A Night.” Not only do I want to help inspire people through my blog, but I also want to illuminate my passion which is my writing. I love composing poetry, fiction and non-fiction, and children’s books.
3. What are some of your favorite blogs? Some of my favorite blogs to read are Message in a Bottle (http://messageinabottleblog.wordpress.com/) Writing With Fey (http://writewithfey.blogspot.com) Love, Life, and Everything Else! (http://funnygirlsmemoirs.blogspot.com) Rachel in the OC (http://rachelintheoc.com) and Anthony Otten (http://www.anthonyotten.com/blog.html)
4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was little, I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up.
5. What is your biggest accomplishment to date? My biggest accomplishment so far has been the release of my first children’s book which I published under a pen name. I absolutely adore all of the wonderful kids I am privileged to spend time with during my author readings and presentations. It is truly an honor to visit with them and know how much of a positive influence I can be on their own unique talents and creativity.
6. Do you have any pets? Because our condo association does not allow pets, unfortunately, we do not own any. One day, we’d like to rescue two dogs.
7. Where do you live? I live in a nice little town nestled in between New York City and the mountains of northern New Jersey. We have the best of both worlds here because every morning when I wake up to do my writing, I have an impeccable view of the skyline over the hills and trees. It is truly magical. If we feel like having dinner or even taking a walk or stroll in Manhattan, we simply hop on the train and are there in less than an hour.
8. Favorite Books? My favorite books are older historical and romantic fiction like Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Memoirs of a Geisha, and Little Woman. I also love to read poetry and have recently gone through Selected Poems by Gwendolyn Brooks which I really enjoyed.
9. Favorite Movies? I have so many favorite movies but if I had to choose, I would list the ones that I could watch over and over again. They would include Thelma and Louise, Braveheart, The Last Samurai, House of Flying Daggers, The Goonies, Coming to America, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Painted Veil, Machine Gun Preacher, The Vow (newly favorite), Trading Places, Willow, and Finding Nemo.
10. Favorite TV shows? American Horror Story: Coven, The Following, Two and a Half Men, Last Man Standing, Two Broke Girls, Modern Family, Game of Thrones, Piers Morgan, Chelsey Lately, Golden Girls, Rosanne, and Law and Order.
My Nominees for the Sunshine Blog Award (in no particular order)
· Anthony Otten (http://www.anthonyotten.com/blog.html) Anthony’s writing is very eloquent and brings peace and solace to the reader’s soul.
· Paul (http://messageinabottleblog.wordpress.com/) Paul’s blog is very raw, articulate and honest. His experiences are inspiring and readers are sure to be moved by his metaphoric writing and endearing stories.
· Dawn (http://funnygirlsmemoirs.blogspot.com/) Dawn’s blog is warm, funny, and straight from the heart. You can’t help but to laugh at some of her stories and at the same time, cope with her recent pain and loss of an amazing and unforgettable person; her mother.
· Chrys Fey (http://writewithfey.blogspot.com) I know I was nominated by this wonderful author and fellow blogger, but her posts deserve a great amount of praise and credit. Chrys dedicates so much of her time and passion into helping other writers with their writing so I can’t help but to pass the torch back to her. Her writing is extraordinary, and I can only see endless possibilities and success for my friend!
· Beverly Diehl (http://www.writinginflow.blogspot.com) Beverly is so openly honest, dedicated, passionate, and has such a wit about her that I couldn’t help but to nominate her for this award. You can tell she puts a lot of time and effort into her posts and I am always left with something to take away from her writing. Always entertaining and meaningful whenever I pop over there!
- Brenda Moguez (http://www.brendamoguez.com/) Brenda's writing is quite intriguing as she navigates her way through life by the means of her passion and pen. I always enjoy reading whatever is on Brenda's mind!
- Quanie Miller (http://www.quanietalkswriting.com/) I know Chrys nominated her, but I had to give her credit as well! It's always a delight to swing over to Quanie's blog and read her writing. She also has a new book out called, "It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy." Be sure to check it out!
- Claudine (http://www.carryusoffbooks.com/blog.html) Claudine is such a sweet and kind soul and you can see how much she adores both reading and writing just from glimpsing at her blog. She is always sharing such wonderful reviews, stories, and important information with her audience.
- Rachel (http://rachelintheoc.com) Rachel is such an inspirational author/blogger that I couldn't help but to include her for this award. She is always posting such incredibly honest and useful posts, not only about her own writing, but tools to help other writers reach their potential. She also created the hashtag #Mondayblogs on Twitter which is super awesome of her as she is constantly helping others by retweeting their blog links.
- Kelly Hashway (http://kellyhashway.blogspot.com/) Kelly is an astounding author and blogger who always has something going on over at her blog! Whether she is sharing her daily dose of Kelly's world or helping others by hosting magnificent reviews and blog hops, Kelly's website is the place to be!
I would truly nominate every blogger out there because besides the ones I have listed, there are numerous others who I visit each week. I laugh, cry, get inspired and acquire the help I need within my own ventures in writing as I read their posts. If I didn’t list you here but I usually leave comments on your blogs, that means I highly enjoy your writing=)
The 10 Questions for My Nominees
1. Why did you decide to create your blog?
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
3. Tell us something about yourself that most of your fellow authors/bloggers do not know.
4. At what time of the day do you do most of your writing?
5. What is your favorite cuisine?
6. What are some of your favorite books?
7. What are some of your favorite movies?
8. If you could travel anywhere right now, at this very moment, where would it be? Why?
9. If you could have an intimate dinner with six people who you will probably never meet in this lifetime, who would they be? Why? (they could be celebrities, famous icons, bands, etc.)
10. What has been your best achievement to this date?